Welcome to Ealing's free two-year old childcare checker
If you have a two-year-old and are on a low household income from work or benefits - your two-year-old child may be able to get a free nursery/childcare place for 15 hours a week, 38 weeks of the year (term-time).
Your two-year-old can get free early education and childcare if you live in England and get one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Universal Credit, and your household income is £15,400 a year or less after tax, not including benefit payments
- child tax credits, and your household income is £16,190 a year or less before tax
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- the Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
A child can also get free early education and childcare if any of the following apply:
If you’re a non-EEA citizen who cannot claim benefits
Your 2-year-old may get free childcare if you are getting support under the Immigration and Asylum Act (GOV.UK) and have either:
- claimed asylum (GOV.UK) in the UK and are waiting for a decision (known as ‘part 6’)
- been refused asylum in the UK (known as ‘section 4’)
A 2-year-old you care for may also get free childcare if your household income is £15,400 a year or less after tax, and you have any of the following:
** Applicants who meet the criteria under the non-EEA citizen section will not need to continue with the online application; and will instead, need to complete a separate application form (external link). If you would like more information or have any questions about the application form, please contact the Family Information Service on 020 8825 5588
If you’re eligible the free early education and childcare:
- must be with an approved childcare provider
- starts from the term after your child’s 2nd birthday.
How to check your eligibility
You will need to create an account before completing the eligibility check. If you require assistance, you can visit our help with my account page.
Once you have created your account, by clicking on 'check my eligibility' below you will be asked a few questions to see if you can get this free childcare.
If you prefer to talk to someone or need support with this application please call Ealing’s Family Information Service on 020 8825 5588 (Mon-Fri, 9am to 5pm).
Some information on this page has been sourced from: Help paying for childcare: Free education and childcare for 2-year-olds - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)