Welcome to Ealing's free two-year old childcare checker
Update 10/05/2021- The ECS Checking system is now working. Please note: due to the ECS system being unavailable last week, there may be slight delays in processing your two-year-old application. If you have any queries please contact the Family Information Service on 020 8825 firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a two-year-old and are on a low household income from work or benefits - your two-year-old child may be able to get a free nursery/childcare place for 15 hours a week, 38 weeks of the year (term-time).
Your two-year-old can get free early education and childcare if you live in England and get one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Universal Credit - if you and your partner have a combined income from work of less than £15,400 a year after tax
- tax credits and you have an annual income of under £16,190 before tax
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
- the Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
A child can also get free early education and childcare if any of the following apply:
- they’re looked after by a local council
- they have a current statement of special education needs (SEN) or an education, health and care (EHC) plan
- they get Disability Living Allowance
- they’ve left care under a special guardianship order, child arrangements order or adoption order
- Children of Zambrano Carers - A ‘Zambrano’ carer is a person from a non – European Economic Area (EEA) state whose residence is required in order to enable a child or dependant adult, who is British, to live in the UK (or the rest of the EEA)
- *Children of families with no recourse to public funds with a right to remain in the UK on grounds of private and family life under Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights
- *Children of a subset of failed asylum seekers (supported under section 4 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 – ‘the 1999 Act’)
** Applicants who meet this criteria will not need to continue with the online application; and will instead, need to complete a seperate application form (external link). If you would like more information or have any questions about the application form, please contact the Family Information Service on 020 8825 5588
If you’re eligible the free early education and childcare:
- must be with an approved childcare provider
- starts from the term after your child’s 2nd birthday.
How to check your eligibility
You will need to create an account before completing the eligibility check. If you require assistance, you can visit our help with my account page.
Once you have created your account, by clicking on 'check my eligibility' below you will be asked a few questions to see if you can get this free childcare.
If you prefer to talk to someone or need support with this application please call Ealing’s Family Information Service on 020 8825 5588 (Mon-Fri, 9am to 5pm).