Other financial support for childcare

There are other sources of financial support available from the government to help pay for childcare costs. Follow the links below for more information on eligibility and how to apply. 

Tax Free Childcare (Age 0-11 years or 16 years for children with a disability)

  • For working families, including the self-employed, in the UK Earning under £100k and at least £131 per week (equal to 16 hours at the National Minimum or Living Wage) each.
  • Who aren't receiving Tax Credits, Universal Credit or childcare vouchers.
  • With children aged 0-11 (or 0-16 if disabled).
  • For every £8 you pay into an online account, the government will add an extra £2, up to £2,000 per child per year 

Universal credit for childcare 

  • For working families claiming Universal Credit, in England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales
  • With children under 17
  • 85% of eligible childcare costs, up to a cap

Tax Credits for Childcare (Age 0-15 years or 16 years for children if disabled)

  • For working families, in the UK
  • With children under 16 (or under 17 if disabled)
  • 70% of childcare costs, up to a cap
  • If you cannot make a new claim for Tax Credits, you may be able to apply for Universal Credit instead.

 Support whilst you study

  • Weekly payments from Care to Learn if you’re at school or sixth-form college
  • Help through your college if you’re in further education
  • A weekly grant if you’re in full-time higher education
Update 10/05/2021-  The ECS Checking system is now working. Please note: due to the ECS system being unavailable last week, there may be slight delays in processing your two-year-old application. If you have any queries please contact the Family Information Service on 020 8825 5588/children@ealing.gov.uk